Food & Beverage Recalls
Voluntary Recall of Specific Frozen Fruit Products Due to Possible Contamination by Listeria monocytogenes
Minneapolis, Minn. – June 21, 2023 – SunOpta Inc’s subsidiary, Sunrise Growers Inc., has issued a voluntary recall of specific frozen fruit products linked to pineapple provided by a third-party supplier due to the potential for these products to be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes.
Products were distributed via the following retailers:
- Walmart: Great Value Mixed Fruit, Great Value Dark Sweet Cherries, and Great Value Mango Chunks sold at stores in AR, AZ, CA, CO, DC, IA, ID, IL, IN, KS, KY, LA, MD, MN, MO, MT, ND, NE, NM, NV, OH, OK, OR, PA, SD, TX, UT, VA, WV and WY from January 19, 2023 to June 13, 2023
- Whole Foods: 365 Organic Tropical Fruit Medley, 365 Organic Pineapple Chunks, 365 Pineapple Chunks, 365 Organic Whole Strawberries, 365 Organic Slice Strawberries and Bananas, and 365 Organic Blackberries distributed to select stores throughout the US from November 1, 2022 to June 21, 2023
- Trader Joe’s: Trader Joe’s Organic Tropical Fruit Blend distributed to select distribution centers or stores in AK, AL, CT, CO, DE, IA, IL, IN, KS, KY, LA, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NY, OH, OK, PA, RI, TN, TX, VA, VT, WI, and Washington DC from March 28, 2023 to April 11, 2023
- Target: Good & Gather Organic Cherries and Berries Fruit Blend, Good & Gather Dark Sweet Whole Pitted Cherries, Good & Gather Mango Strawberry Blend, Good & Gather Mixed Fruit Blend, Good & Gather Mango Chunks, Good & Gather Blueberries, and Good & Gather Triple Berry Blend distributed nationwide from October 14, 2022 to May 22, 2023
- Aldi: Season’s Choice Tropical Blend distributed to select distribution centers or stores in AL, AR, CT, FL, GA, IA, KS, KY, MA, MD, MI, MO, MS, NC, NE, NH, NY, OH, OK, PA, RI, SC, TN, TX, VA, VT and WV from October 11, 2022 to May 22, 2023
- AWG (Associated Wholesale Grocers): Best Choice Pitted Red Tart Cherries Unsweetened distributed to select distribution centers or stores in KS, MO, NE and OK from April 5, 2023 to May 4, 2023
Frito-Lay today issued a voluntary recall of select 15 oz. Tostitos Avocado Salsa Jar Dips that may contain an undeclared milk allergen. Those with an allergy or severe sensitivity to milk run the risk of a serious or life-threatening allergic reaction if they consume these products.
While the front of the affected jar is correctly labeled as Tostitos Avocado Salsa, the back of the jar is mislabeled with another product’s nutrition information and declarations. As a result, the allergen milk is not declared on the label.
The product covered by this recall was distributed nationwide at retail stores and via e-commerce channels. Consumers would have been able to purchase the jars as early as April 5, 2023.
Richin Trading Inc. Voluntarily Recalls Sunwave Brand Mini Fruit Jelly Cup (35.27oz./52.90oz) Because of Potential Choking Hazard
RICHIN TRADING INC. OF ALHAMBRA, CA is voluntarily recalling its MINI FRUIT JELLY CUP (35.27oz. and 52.90 oz.) due to the products being a potential choking hazard based off the product size. Small jelly cups have previously been implicated in choking deaths of children.
The recalled jelly cups were distributed nationwide in retail food stores and are sold in large clear jars. Below are the products being recalled:
- Sun Wave Mini Fruit Jelly Cup (Assorted Flavors); UPC 715685121437; Net Weight 52.91 oz.
- Sun Wave Mini Fruit Jelly Cup (Mango Flavor); UPC 715685121444; Net Weight 52.91 oz.
- Sun Wave Mini Fruit Jelly Cup (Lychee Flavor); UPC 715685121451; Net Weight 52.91 oz.
- Sun Wave Mini Fruit Jelly Cup (Assorted Flavors); UPC 715685121512; Net Weight 35.27 oz.
- Sun Wave Mini Fruit Jelly Cup (Lychee Flavor); UPC 715685121529; Net Weight 35.27 oz.
- Sun Wave Mini Fruit Jelly Cup (Mango Flavor); UPC 715685121536; Net Weight 35.27 oz