Here are the highlights
- A total of 198 quality measures in the quality measures inventory and 106 improvement activities in the MIPS inventory.
- Five new episode-based cost measures, each with a 20-episode case minimum, in addition to the existing measures.
- The removal of the acute inpatient medical condition cost measure Simple Pneumonia with Hospitalization, beginning with the 2024 performance period.
- A performance period of at least 180 consecutive days for the Promoting Interoperability performance category, to be consistent with the Medicare Promoting Interoperability Program.
Advanced Alternative Payment Models (APMs)
- Starting with the 2024 performance period, all Advanced APMs must require the use of certified EHR technology (CEHRT).
Not Finalized Policies
- Did NOT finalize any policies that would result in an increase to the performance threshold.
- The performance threshold will remain 75 points for the 2024 performance period.
- Did NOT finalize an increase to the data completeness threshold for the 2027 performance period.
- The data completeness criteria will be maintained at 75% for the 2026 performance period.
- Did NOT finalize our proposal to make Qualifying Alternative Payment Model (APM) Participant (QP) determinations at the individual clinician level.
- We’ll continue to make these determinations at the APM Entity level for the 2024 performance period.